Monday, May 27, 2019

Bad tenant in Mohd. Yukarmez Bin Yuhasmadi (Yuka)


I would like to share about a bad tenant that I have. His name is Yuka, with full name being Mohd. Yukarmez Bin Yuhasmadi. He comes from Pasir Puteh, Kelantan.

He started renting a room from me on 29th June 2018. Initially he was okay and prompt in his rent payments. He started being late on his rent payment from 29th September 2018 (for October 2018 rent). This means that there was a sign of potential problem 3 months after he moved in. The excuse that he gave for the delay in paying rent was that his company didn’t pay his salary in time. Anyway, he did pay the rent for October 2018 after some delay but his rent for November 2018 was delayed as well. This time, his excuse was that he put all his money into a shop lot in his hometown and also to buy equipment.

Due to a kind heart, I allowed him to pay the rent for November 2018 using one month of his deposit. Unfortunately, he still continued to delay his rent for December 2018 and January 2019, paying bit here and bit there. He did pay two months rent on 1st February 2019. Then in late February 2018, he told me that his company is not paying salary and he has to file a complaint against the company in the labour office.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, I let him stay on in March 2018 despite knowing that if he doesn’t pay the rent for March 2018, the two months deposit would be completely exhausted. Anyway, I told him that if he can pay the rent and/or top up the deposit, he can continue to stay. Otherwise he has to move out. I would be okay with him if he did a proper handover but he did not. Instead, he didn’t answer my messages and calls to him. After a few days, I suspected that he left quietly. Indeed he blotted his copybook very badly. Not only did he leave without handing back the keys and access card to me, but he locked his room door and I had to break the door lock open with a hammer. Even worse, he left the room in a really filthy condition. He left his out of order computer on the table, rubbish everywhere and a dirty floor that looks like it has not been mopped for half a year. I had to spend a long time just to clean up the entire room and make it look presentable again.

Yuka was certainly a bad tenant in my book. He was a good example of how a tenant should not behave, although he wasn’t as untrustworthy as other tenants that I have experienced. Please beware of this Mohd. Yukarmez Bin Yuhasmadi. His IC number is 910207-03-6071 and his mobile number is 017-6690399. You shouldn’t rent a room or unit to him, let alone deal with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment